2020 Special Needs Plans
SNP members under Empire benefit from a model of care that is used to assess needs and coordinate care. Within 90 days of enrollment and annually thereafter, each member receives a comprehensive health risk assessment (HRA) that covers physical, behavioral and functional needs, and a comprehensive medication review. The HRA is used to create a member Care Plan. Members with multiple or complex conditions are assigned a health plan case manager.
SNP HRAs, Care Plans and case managers support members and their providers by helping to identify and escalate potential problems for early intervention, ensuring appropriate and timely follow-up appointments, and providing navigation and coordination of services across Medicare and Medicaid programs.
Provider training required
Providers contracted for SNP plans are required to complete an annual training to stay up-to-date with plan benefits and requirements, including details on coordination of care and model of care elements. Every provider contracted for SNP is required to complete an attestation, which states they have completed their annual training. These attestations are located at the end of the self-paced training document.
To take the self-paced training, go to the Model of Care Provider Training link on the Availity Portal.*
How to access the Custom Learning Center on the Availity Portal
- Log in to the Availity Portal.
- At the top of Availity Portal, select Payer Spaces and select the appropriate payer.
- On the Payer Spaces landing page, select Access Your Custom Learning Center from Applications.
- In the Custom Learning Center, select Required Training.
- Select Special Needs Plan and Model of Care Overview.
- Select Enroll.
- Select Start.
- Once the course is completed, select Attestation and complete.
Not registered for Availity?
Have your organization’s designated administrator register your organization for Availity.
- Visit https://www.availity.com to register.
- Select Register.
- Select your organization type.
- In the Registration wizard, follow the prompts to complete the registration for your organization.
July 2020 Empire Provider News