Behavioral health network provider training
The Uniform Clinical Network Provider Training is a unified state-of-the-art, web-based training for Medicaid managed care network providers in clinical core competencies and evidence-based practices for mental health and substance use disorder services. New York State (NYS) requires that Medicaid managed care organizations (MMCOs) offer training to network providers in behavioral health core clinical competencies and evidence-based practices. NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH) and Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) have additionally mandated that the mainstream and Health and Recovery Plan MMCOs must provide a uniform behavioral health network provider training program to standardize the trainings and minimize duplicative requirements from multiple MMCOs. The NYS Health Plan Association is collaborating with the Center for Practice Innovations (CPI) at Columbia Psychiatry/NYS Psychiatric Institute and the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) to offer this uniform training.
This training is available to providers licensed by OMH and OASAS. CPI will make available provider profiles that document learning activities. Participation in this training program offers several advantages to providers, including:
- Training resources that are provided at no cost.
- Social work continuing education and CASA credits for clinical staff completing training for many of the training activities.
- Summary reports of training activities for providers to support internal continuous quality improvement activities.
- Provider profiles to help document staff clinical competencies and training activities to payers and partners. This documentation will be important as NYS continues to implement value-based reimbursement approaches.
We are writing at this time with some information relevant to the registration and trainings available in the CPI learning management system (LMS).
- If you have not already registered, the enrollment survey is on the CPI website: www.practiceinnovations.org. Registration information will follow from CPI.
- Once registered, trainings are available in the CPI LMS.
Trainings will be offered in phases. The first phase is available now. You will be notified when each additional training is made available in the CPI LMS.
June 2018 Empire Provider Newsletter