Change in email submission of service requests for Federal Employee Program members
As an alternative, FEP offers our providers a secure online portal, Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR)
About the portal
ICR is Empire BlueCross BlueShield’s (“Empire”) innovative UM portal that allows providers, in addition to phone or fax, to submit prior authorization requests and to provide clinical documentation (including imaging) to support initial and continued stay reviews. This enables prior authorization requests and clinical information to be transmitted directly to UM staff.
Key features of the portal
- A no cost electronic UM solution
- Instant access from any location at any time
- Create a UM preauthorization case and instantly submit it for review
- Attach clinical documents for review – no faxing required
- Check status of any case regardless of the method used to originally submit request
- Complete record of submissions and dispositions – all in one place.
- Bi-directional communication.
To submit prior authorization service requests electronically, register for use of ICR prior to November 1, 2021 on the Availity portal.
For more information on Anthem ICR, including training resources: https://www.anthem.com/provider/prior-authorization/interactive-care-reviewer/
Register for ICR via the Availity portal: https://www.availity.com/provider-portal-registration
Need help registering? View this video: How to Access Availity and Register
As a reminder, in addition to using ICR on the Availity portal, you can submit authorizations, to FEP UM by phone or fax:
- FEP UM precertification toll free #: 800-860-2156
- FEP UM precertification fax #:800-732-8318
- FEP UM advance benefit determination fax #: 877-606-3807
August 2021 Newsletter