Empire accepts prior authorization requests for prescription medications online
Empire accepts electronic medication prior authorization requests for commercial health plans. This feature reduces processing time and helps determine coverage quicker. Some prescriptions are even approved in real time so that your patients can fill a prescription without delay.
Electronic prior authorization (ePA) offers many benefits:
- More efficient review process
- Ability to identify if a prior authorization is required
- Able to see consolidated view of ePA submissions in real time
- Faster turnaround times
- A renewal program that allows for improved continuity of care for members with maintenance medications
- Prior authorizations are preloaded for the provider before the expiration date.
Providers can submit ePA requests by logging in at covermymeds.com. Creating an account is FREE.
While ePA helps streamline the prior authorization process, providers can also initiate a new prior authorization request by fax or phone. Please note, the contact numbers for the following plans have changed effective November 4, 2018.
New York on the Exchange:
- New Fax Number: 1-844-474-6226
- New Phone Number: 1-833-293-0660
New York off the Exchange:
- New Fax Number: 1-844-474-3356
October 2018 Empire Provider Newsletter