Health Homes - a valuable provider of community-based care coordination
Empire BlueCross BlueShield HealthPlus provides community-based care coordination through Health Homes and
their care management partners. Eligible Medicaid Managed Care members are assigned a dedicated care manager who will set up an in-person meeting with the member to:
- Review their health, work, housing, nutrition and transportation needs.
- Complete all the necessary forms.
- Explain how care managers work with the member and help link them to services in the community.
Health Homes are a covered Medicaid benefit, which means that there is no additional cost to our members. To enroll, members simply need to meet with a Health Homes care manager.
Community-based care coordination services offered through Health Homes include:
- Support coordinating care amongst all of a member’s providers.
- Working with the health plan to find the most suitable providers.
- Helping a member meet their recovery goals.
- Educating a member about employment or training opportunities.
- Coordinating medical appointments and accompanying a member on visits.
- Identifying services such as transportation and crisis prevention/intervention.
- Navigating the health care and social service systems with the member.
- Assisting a member with applying for benefits like food stamps, stable housing and other benefits.
- Educating a member on how to stay healthy and out of the emergency room and/or hospital.
- Serving as a point of contact for a member’s health care.
As always, we are committed to ensuring members receive quality health care — in the right place, at the right time.
If you have questions regarding Health Homes, contact Monique Benitez at 1-646-532-8837 or Samantha Bicanic at 1-646-477-9831.
July 2019 Empire Provider News