Interactive Care Reviewer adds outpatient medical authorization requests for Empire local, State and City plans
You can now use ICR as your exclusive online self-service digital tool for a majority of your Empire medical and behavioral health authorization requests. This additional capability in ICR will further streamline and boost the efficiency of your organization’s authorization workflow process.
If you are new to ICR here are directions to help you get started:
Access to the ICR tool is through the Availity Portal, so you will need to be registered on Availity and have a unique Availity user ID and password. Ask your organization’s Availity administrator to grant you the required ICR role assignment.
- Do you create and submit prior authorization requests?
Authorization and Referral Request role assignment
- Do you check the status of the case or results of the authorization request?
Authorization and Referral Inquiry role assignment
Once you have the appropriate role assignment you can begin using ICR right away.
- Select Patient Registration from Availity’s home page
- Select Authorizations & Referrals
- Select Authorizations (for requests) | Select Auth/Referral Inquiry (for inquiries)
Are you new to ICR or need a refresher?
We offer training every month to familiarize new users with ICR features and navigation of the tool. Our next webinar is taking place on October 8 at 11:00 a.m. ET. Register Here
Additional ICR resources are available through the Custom Learning Center
Follow the steps outlined below to access self-paced videos located on the Custom Learning Center. From Availity’s home page, select Payer Spaces | Anthem tile | Applications | Custom Learning Center
- Select Catalog from the menu located on the upper left corner of the Custom Learning Center screen
- Use the catalog filter and select Interactive Care Reviewer-Online Authorizations or Authorizations from the Category menu
- Click Apply then enroll for the courses (videos) you want to view.
Illustrated reference guides that you can print are located on Custom Learning Center Resources. Select Resources from the menu located on the upper left corner of the screen. Use the catalog filter and select Authorizations or Interactive Care Reviewer-Online Authorizations from the Category menu. Select Download to view and/or print the reference guide.
October 2020 Empire Provider News