New Back Pain Management Program
Empire has an existing relationship with AIM in the administration of other programs. Empire is excited to expand this relationship to include additional services. AIM works with leading insurers to improve healthcare quality and manage costs for today’s most complex and prevalent tests and treatments, helping to promote care that is appropriate, safe, and affordable.
What is the Back Pain Management Program?
In pursuit of the commitment to improve healthcare quality and costs, we have created a new voluntary Back Pain Management Program to help educate and support members navigate through their back pain journey to reduce risk of chronicity, minimize recurrences, and minimize complications.
The program will be utilizing predictive analytic models to identify members who are experiencing back pain or are at risk for complications related to back pain conditions. This early identification allows our program to target members who could experience an increase in back pain without the right education and support.
Our member engagement process includes:
- Predictive models for members likely to be referred for back surgery based on several risk factors.
- Risk stratification to ensure the appropriate level of support is provided.
- Targeted outreach to members through our digital engagement platform, email, and calls.
- Customized education and support of provider treatments based on member’s specific needs.
- Education and support of services such as behavioral health as appropriate.
Who is included in this new program?
All fully insured members currently participating in AIM and Empire programs are included.
The following groups are excluded: Self-funded (ASO) groups, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare supplement, MA GRS, Federal Employee Program® (FEP).
The AIM Back Pain Program microsite helps you learn more and access helpful information and tools such as program information and FAQs.
We value your participation in our network and look forward to working with you to help improve the health of our members.
September 2022 Newsletter