Update: Notice of changes to the AIM Small Joint Surgery Guideline
Effective March 14, 2021, the AIM Small Joint Surgery Guideline has been updated with the following:
- Clarified requirements for imaging reports.
- Removed radiographic requirement for confirmation of lesser toe deformities.
- Ankle arthrodesis and total ankle arthroplasty added as new indications for revision of failed previous reconstructions.
- Removed total ankle arthroplasty requirements for adjacent joint or inflammatory arthritis.
- Clarified contraindications only apply to total ankle arthroplasty.
Providers should continue to submit prior authorization review requests to AIM using one of the following ways:
- Access AIM ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Portal at availity.com
- Call the AIM toll-free number at 1-877-430-2288, Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 7 pm ET.
For questions, please contact the provider number on the back of the member ID card.
March 2021 Empire Provider News