Update to AIM Sleep Disorder Management Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines
- Reconfigured structure of BPAP with and without back-up rate feature criteria for patients with established central sleep apnea (CSA)
- Removed the criteria to try rate support for CSA
As a reminder, ordering and servicing providers may submit prior authorization requests to AIM in one of several ways:
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number: 1-877-430-2288, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. ET.
Please note, this program does not apply to FEP.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at email@example.com. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current guidelines here.
April 2019 Empire Provider Newsletter