Updates to AIM Advanced Imaging Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines
Updates by section:
Aneurysm of the abdominal aorta or iliac arteries
- Added new indication for asymptomatic enlargement by imaging
- Clarified surveillance intervals for stable aneurysms as follows:
- o Treated with endografts, annually
- o Treated with open surgical repair, every 5 years
- o Added surveillance indication and interval for surgical bypass grafts
As a reminder, ordering and servicing providers may submit prior authorization requests to AIM in one of several ways:
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number at 1-877-430-2288, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. ET.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current and upcoming guidelines here.
February 2020 Empire Provider News