Updates to AIM Advanced Oncologic Imaging Clinical Appropriateness Guideline
- Prostate Cancer - Added criteria for the appropriate use of PET-CT with the radiotracers Axumin and 11-Choline, establishing the position of this test in the care continuum for prostate cancer primarily related to biochemical recurrence
- Neuroendocrine Tumors - Added criteria for the appropriate use of PET-CT with the radiotracer DOTA-TATE , establishing the position of this test in the care continuum for neuroendocrine tumors
As a reminder, ordering and servicing providers may submit prior authorization requests to AIM in one of several ways:
- Access AIM’s ProviderPortallSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time, and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number: 1-877-430-2288, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. ET.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at email@example.com. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current guidelines here.
August 2019 Empire Provider News