What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience
Are you looking for innovative ways to improve your patients’ experiences and earn continuing medical education credits?
Numerous studies have shown that a patient’s primary health care experience and, to some extent, their health care outcomes are largely dependent upon health care provider and patient interactions. Empire BlueCross BlueShield HealthPlus (Empire) offers a new online learning course, What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience, to offer approaches to communication with patients. This curriculum is available at no cost to providers and their clinical staff nationwide and is acceptable for up to one prescribed continuing medical education credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Through the use of compelling real-life stories that convey practical strategies for implementing patient care, providers learn how to apply best practices.
Did you know?
Substantial evidence points to a positive association between patient experience and health outcomes.
- Patients with chronic conditions, such as diabetes, demonstrate greater self-management skills and quality of life when they report positive interactions with their health care providers.
- Patients reporting the poorest-quality relationships with their physicians were three times more likely to voluntarily leave the physician's practice than patients with the highest-quality relationships.
How will this benefit you and your office staff?
You’ll learn tips and techniques to:
- Improve communication skills.
- Build patient trust and commitment.
- Expand your knowledge of the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) survey.
The course can be accessed at www.patientexptraining.com using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Like you, Empire is committed to improving the patient experience in all interactions, and we are proud to work collaboratively with our provider network to provide support and tools to reach our goal.
CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
June 2018 Empire Provider Newsletter