Updates to AIM Level of Care Musculoskeletal Surgery Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines
Beginning with dates of review on and after November 1, 2018, the following updates will apply to AIM Level of Care Musculoskeletal Surgery Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines:
- Addition of criteria for observation in surgical settings, ambulatory surgical centers, and hospital outpatient departments
- Addition of staff, equipment, and resource capabilities in outpatient surgery
- Modifications to the inpatient admission criteria
Ordering and servicing providers may submit prior authorization requests to AIM in one of the following ways:
- Access AIM ProviderPortalSM directly at providerportal.com. Online access is available 24/7 to process orders in real-time and is the fastest and most convenient way to request authorization.
- Access AIM via the Availity Web Portal at availity.com
- Call the AIM Contact Center toll-free number: 1-877-430-2288, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. ET.
For questions related to guidelines, please contact AIM via email at email@example.com. Additionally, you may access and download a copy of the current guidelines here.
August 2018 Empire Provider Newsletter